Terms & Privacy
Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated on 22 of MAY, 2023
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Alexandra Borges’s Website, located at www.alexandraborges.com.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Alexandra Borges if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
By using th Site, accessing or purchasing any products or services, you warrant that:
1. You are over 18 years of age and have the legal capacity to enter into a legally binding contract;
2. Have read and accepted these Terms;
3. Will comply with these Terms.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We reserve the right to change or modify these Terms at any time consistent with applicable laws and principles, without notice to you. These changes will be effective as of the date we post the revised version on this Site. It is your responsibility to review these Terms prior to use and periodically throughout your use of our Site and services. If at any time you choose not to accept these Terms, you should not use this Site.
By remaining on this Site and your continued use of this Site is deemed acceptance of any modifications or amendment of these Terms. You may also accept these terms where you click “Agree” or “Accept” or “Buy” or “Book” where such an option is made available to you during your use of the Site. If you’re uncertain about the Terms or anything else on our Site, please don’t hesitate to contact us before completing any purchase.
The Site, products and services contain intellectual property owned by us and/or by third-parties that license the content to us (“Third-Party Licensed Intellectual Property”), including, without limitation, trademarks, copyrights, proprietary information, designs, patents and other intellectual property rights, as well as the business name, logo, images. all designs, text, videos, audio files, graphics, other files, and software (“Content”). Your use of the Site, the products and/or the services and access to any content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this Site, the products and/or the services or the content.
No Commercial Use
You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever the Site, the products and/or services or the Content, our Intellectual Property and Third-Party Licensed Intellectual Property in whole or in part without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to immediately remove your access to our Site, products and services, Content, without refund, if you are found to be violating these Terms.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES
You acknowledge and agree that you will be bound by any affirmation, acceptance or agreement that is transmitted through this Site, including but not limited to any consent you provide to receive communications from us solely by means of electronic transmission. You further acknowledge and agree that when you click on or tick “I agree”, “I consent”, or other similarly worded click or tick options by electronic means using an electronic device such as your mobile phone, tablet, desktop, laptop or any other computer device capable of allowing you to click or tick, your agreement and/or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and will be deemed to be as effective as if you had written your signature by hand.
SUBMITTING CONTENT TO SITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
We always appreciate interaction on our social media channels and feedback about our Site, products and services, as it helps us to improve our Site and our products and services. Through the use of this Site, you may be invited to submit a review, you can also comment on our blog or other parts of our Site or interact with us via our social media channels. We love to hear from you!
Where you do decide to submit such feedback or comments, you represent and warrant that:
1. You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property and any other rights in that content (or have the right to use that content with appropriate consents and permissions);
2. Give us permission to post or otherwise use that feedback on our social media or other channels;
3. You waive any and all existing and future moral rights (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968(Cth) in the content you provide us;
4. The content does not violate these Terms; and
5. You are at least 18 years old.
We reserve the right to remove a review or comment if such review or comment contains:
1. Libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material;
2. Attacks our employees or another contributor;
3. Contains material that discloses your personal information; or
4. Is unrelated to the post or content to which you have reviewed or commented on.
Our Site and social media channels may feature user reviews of the products and/or services as well as blogs by guest bloggers, these reviews and content of the guest blogs in no way represent the views or opinions Alexandra Borges or its owners, shareholders, employees or others, but are the sole product of its creator. We disclaim all liability with respect to any content submitted by the user or guest blogger.
On our Site we present real life examples and insights of other people’s experiences for illustration purposes only and any results personally achieved are due to the individuals themselves. These testimonials show users what can be possible but are not intended to represent or guarantee that any current or future users of our programs, courses, products and/or services will achieve the same or similar results.
In addition to any other prohibitions, you must not, under any circumstances use the Site or its content:
1. For any unlawful purpose;
2. To solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
3. To violate any international, federal, or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
4. Attempt to change, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with this Site or any material or content displaced on the Site;
5. Hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users;
6. Infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights;
7. Send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or
8. Attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Site.
WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
This Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and to the fullest extent permitted by law we make no representations or warranties about our Site and / or the products or services including that:
1. They are suitable, reliable, complete, secure, accurate or fit for any particular purpose;
2. Access will be free of any harmful components (including viruses) or other code that is harmful or may assist in causing harm; or
3. There is no possibility of failure to store communications or other data.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event are we, any of our subsidiaries, or any of their shareholders, directors, officers, employees or licensors responsible for any losses and expenses, however arising, including without limitation, any direct, indirect and/or present, unascertained, future or contingent, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of income or profit or projected profit, loss or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character arising from or in connection with your use of our Site and /or our products or services, your inability to access our Site, interruption or outage of our Site or the fact that content on our Site or in our services is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
OUR RIGHT TO BE INDEMNIFIED BY YOU
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, you agree to indemnify, and hold us and our related entities, affiliates, and our and their respective officers, agents and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, (including reasonable legal fees on a full indemnity basis), made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of this Site in violation of these Terms and/or arising from a breach of these Terms and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set out in these Terms or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
CEASING OUR WEBSITE
We have the right to discontinue this Site. If we decide to do this, it can be at any time and may be without notice to you. We may also exclude any person from using our Site, at any time and at our sole discretion. We will not be responsible for any liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
We are permitted to assign, transfer and subcontract our rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you are not permitted to assign, transfer or subcontract your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
All Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed in all respects by the laws of Portugal. In relation to any dispute, we ask that you contact us in the first instance so that both parties can, acting in good faith, resolve the dispute to our mutual satisfaction as quickly, cost effectively and efficiently as possible. Where a dispute cannot be resolved, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Portugal.
Last updated on 22 of MAY, 2023
Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.alexandraborges.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service Service is the www.alexandraborges.com website operated by Alexandra Borges
- Personal Data Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights;
- To comply with the law.
RETENTION OF DATA
Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Portugal and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Portugal and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.
You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.
You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.
You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Alexandra Borges – Graphic Design & Illustration relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.